Located only 1 hour from Austin or 1.5 hours from San Antonio, the Collective Hill Country Resort at Montesino Ranch is perched on a ridge overlooking the Texas Hill Country. This property is the ultimate glamping experience in the Texas Hill Country.
You can enjoy the stars at night and the sounds of nature in the morning right from your private patio. Or you can zip up your tent, turn on the air conditioning, and enjoy a relaxing morning in a king size bed with 1,500 thread-count linens.
Don’t forget your French press coffee and a hot shower for the full glamping experience.
In this post, I am going to take you on an escape to the Texas Hill Country with my recommendation on the best place to stay in the area!
If you don’t have time to read it now, Pin it to Pinterest for later!
The Best Time to Visit the Texas Hill Country & Collective Retreats
My favorite time to consider glamping in Texas is during the Fall, Winter or Spring before it gets too hot. We visited the Collective Retreats Hill Country property in March and it was the perfect time to visit!
If you are planning to visit during the winter months, there are plenty of heating options for the night. For the warmer summer days, there is an A/C unit in the tents, however, during the day the tent will still be hotter than comfortable.
The Collective Retreat Tent Room Amenities
The Collective Hill Country at Montesino Ranch has four different styles of canvas tents:
- Summit tent – 1 king bed (pictured here)
- Summit tent – 2 twin beds
- The Family tent – 1 king bed + 2 twin beds
- The honeymoon tent – private summit tent with 1 king bed
All tent options listed above at the Collective Retreats in the Hill Country are equipped with their own private bathroom. This is a major luxurious perk over other glamping accommodations!
When you wake up in the morning, you can enjoy a full-size private bathroom in the back of the tent with a rain shower, full vanity, hair dryer, and private toilet.
In addition, each tent is temperature controlled with an A/C unit for the Texas heat and a wood burning fireplace for those chillier evenings in the fall and winter. There is a luxurious bed with 1,500 thread-count linens, and a heated blanket for those chillier nights.
Don’t pass up on an opportunity to enjoy the French press provided on the private patio in the morning – it makes for a wonderful wake-up routine! Pets are also allowed for an additional charge.
Dining Options at Collective Retreats
At the Three Peaks Lodge, located within walking distance of any of the tents, you will have complimentary breakfast served, a sangria Happy Hour, as well as optional dinner from the six-course chef’s tasting menu.
Lunch is also available upon request and a more relaxed BBQ boxed dinner with local ingredients is available for purchase. The BBQ boxed dinners are interactive as you grill the ingredient yourself on the complimentary grills on site.
Activities at the Collective Retreats in Wimberly
There are an endless number of things to do at the ranch if you don’t even want to leave the property:
- Bubbly & Branding where you will enjoy chilled sparkling wine and a curated cheese selection followed by a branding at the campfire on your own personal cutting board
- Horse back riding where you will explore the beautiful grounds with an expert lead horseback riding session right from Montesino Ranch
- Electric Bike Tours where you can explore downtown Wimberley on an electric bike and experience all the shops and restaurants
- Hikes on the Ranch where you can experience sunrise or sunset hikes on the ranch property. The staff are happy to provide a map a directions for these hikes
- S’mores Social at Night where you can make complimentary s’mores by the fire pit
What To Do in the Texas Hill Country
Outside of just taking some time to relax and have slow mornings, there are tons of great activities off the grounds of the Collective Hill Country Retreat to explore.
Some of my favorite hidden gems in the Texas Hill Country include:
- Checking out the local wineries
- Hiking Enchanted Rock
- Pedernales Falls State Park
- McKinney Falls State Park
- Jacob’s Well
- The Blue Hole
- Natural Bridge Caverns
- Krause Springs
If you have any questions about our experience at the Collective Retreats in the Texas Hill Country, drop them in the comments below.